About Genesis Building Services:
We are an established commercial janitorial company that has provided service in the Bay Area for four generations. We are expanding quickly and are looking for people interested in being part of our growth. We value the time and effort our employees put into making our company great. As an employee you are not just part of our team but a member of our family.
Reports To: Property Manager Supervisor
Location: San Francisco, CA
This position is primarily responsible for the completion of interior and exterior maintenance work at the property(s). The position provides quality service in a helpful, friendly manner, providing superior service to tenants creating an atmosphere in which the building is a clean, safe and pleasant place to work. Performs job related tasks in an effective, cost saving manner.
Essential Job Functions:
Denotes “essential functions” in accordance with the guidelines of The Americans with Disabilities Act. The essential functions of this position include, but are not necessarily limited to, those specifically identified in this description. The position and its essential functions may change over time and these changes may not necessarily be reflected in the position description. The Company may, at its sole discretion, add to, change, or expand the essential or marginal functions of the position.
- Perform daily routines as directed by the on-site management or the Regional Property Manager.
- Maintain skills to effectively complete job duties including: electrical, plumbing, painting and carpentry work, minor HVAC repairs and all other applicable duties at the property.
- Repair and restore to proper condition, interior shops, equipment rooms, lobbies, storage areas, hallways and stairwells including but not limited to, furnaces, heaters, boilers, doors, hardware, cabinets, floors, plumbing, electrical, lighting and painting.
- Repair and restore to proper condition exteriors, including but not limited to, walls, doors, windows, hardware, plumbing, fences, carports/garages and exterior lighting.
- Depending on the needs of the property this position may also:
- Maintain proper inventory of supplies and parts; reorder and occasionally drive to pick up supplies. Purchase as needed, but not more than a 30-day supply.
- Manage budgeted expenses and projects of the property ensuring timely completion within budgeted parameters.
- Manage the quality and timeliness of vended services.
- May be required to travel to and work at multiple sites daily.
- Over see vendor or personally be responsible for sweeping, blowing and cleaning all common areas which includes, but is not limited to the following: walkways, driveways and carports, lawns and flower beds, curbs, garage and parking areas, stairwells and entryways.
- Over see vendor or personally maintain a clean interior, including entry ways, sweep floors, empty trash containers, wipe down interior and exteriors of walls and windows as necessary. Do general cleaning of office and lobby, as needed.
- Over see vendor or personally maintain clean dumpster areas daily. Push/pull dumpsters for pick-up as needed.
- Remove graffiti from interior and exterior areas as required.
- Plant flower beds as required.
- Daily removal of debris from the grounds to ensure safety and a good appearance of the grounds. If necessary replace furnace filters, fire alarm batteries, according to schedule.
- Participate in after hours and weekend “on call” for response to emergencies.
- Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and work on ladders often.
- Paint interior of common areas as directed by supervisor using proper tools and paint.
- Maintain safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain curb appeal of property; repaint curbs periodically.
- Maintain maintenance shop in a neat and orderly fashion in accordance with company policy and procedure. Work with supervisor to ensure all required supplies are maintained and that the shop meets all OSHA safety requirements.
- Maintain and continually enhance knowledge of any and all property specific tasks such as electric gates, security systems or operation of specific tools.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Maintain and improve own skills and knowledge including attending regulatory training, skills courses, peer to peer training and industry seminars.
- May be required to participate in WRES Company Emergency Response Program.
- Attend company events and job related seminars, etc.
- Must have the ability to work well with all levels of personnel including company management, staff employees, vendors and tenants.
- Must be able to complete scheduled, routine tasks quickly and efficiently, without supervision.
- Be able to work well independently and balance multiple priorities. Multi-tasking is a must.
- Maintain knowledge of Hazardous Materials Management Program including Asbestos Management, Mold and Mildew Management and Lead Paint Management. Attend Asbestos Awareness, Mold and Mildew and Lead Paint Classes and any other classes that the job may require. Reading of company hazardous materials, becoming familiar with locations of asbestos containing materials and lead paint. Ability to follow all company safety procedures when working around asbestos containing material, mold and mildew and lead paint.
- Provide exceptional service to all tenants.
- Basic computer skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will experience periodic exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous. Flexible schedules with occasional evening and regular weekend work. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee should seek assistance for any heavier items. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, climb stairs, hear and occasionally kneel or crouch.
Special vision requirements: May be required to read and analyze small printed items and make repairs to small items.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability generally required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred; some previous work related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of basic hand and power tools. HVAC repair skills desirable.
- Language Ability: Ability to work in conjunction with Company managers and associates. Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Knowledge of organizational and company policies and procedures. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues. Knowledge of an ability to follow proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, community, and departmental policies, procedures and standards. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to handle multiple, changing priorities.
- Computer Skills: Prefer that you have good computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and the internet.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and fractions, percentages, and proportions to practical situations.
To apply for this job, send an email with the title of the job as the subject. Attach a resume and cover letter to Juan Cuevas at HR@2genesis.com